Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo (which, I feel was totally eclipsed by Star Wars day preceding it, May the Fourth be with you) and I was serving at O'Charley's, like I do. It was insanely busy and we were down a server, so, while I walked out with lots of cash, I was exhausted when I got home and am likewise exhausted this morning as I sit in front of my computer and think about how I need to write these meeting minutes. Not gonna happen.

The point of this story is that it has been a really long week, but now it's Friday and I get to leave a little more than an hour early because I had a late conference call on Tuesday. I'm forgoing the extra $18 in overtime, because, my friends, I have a plan. A very good, Friday night plan.

Patrick's working all day today. I feel a little bad because he's not used to it, and a 12-13 hour day is really rough. I did it yesterday. And roughly 3-4 times a week. The result of his working, and my day off, is that I get to do anything I want tonight. Hence the birth of the plan. As soon as I scoot out of here at 3:45, I'm going to pick up a ridiculous amount of chinese take out (remember all that money I made last night?!), maybe a six-pack or a bottle of wine, and return home to do laundry and block my FOs and watch Battle Star Galactica. Words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this. Especially considering that it is currently 10:45 (I'm starting my countdown - 5 hours to go) and I am not doing to do those minutes.

My plan is yummy, steamy and dirty, and that's just BSG. Yay Friday night.


PS-I'll probably go out with work friends around midnight or so when they get off, which brings my nerd quotient down a bit, but not a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment