Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Friday Post

I only have time for a quick post, but it is of upmost importance that I discuss my team posting for Rav Nerd Wars. I applied for team Hellmouth (Buffy & Angel) with team Browncoat (Firefly/Serenity) as my back up. Clearly my loyalty to Joss Whedon runs deep. In the comment box I also listed a number of other teams I would be happy to be on (Dr. Who, Harry Potter, Battlestar Galactica, Bones, Psych...) but I don't think I listed Team Bite Me. Maybe I did. But pretty much everyone who listed Hellmouth as their #1 choice and didn't make the cut got Bite Me instead. So anyway, I was marginally bummed when I saw my placement.

Then I got to thinking, the new season of True Blood starts this summer. And they're doing my favorite story line from the books as the major theme for this upcoming season. And I'm almost as obsessed with the Southern Vampire mysteries as I am with Buffy. So maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all. I was bummed because the group category isn't as specific as I would like. I prefered Hellmouth to Bite Me in the first place because I love Joss Whedon and the characters he created and wanted to showcase my fangirldom. However, the broad category is likely to be a boon rather than a burden when I'm trying to come up with project ideas that are not only fitting for the competition, but also sellable. And not all vampires are red and black, although I have plenty of red and black yarn. So I've rationalized myself into approving of my team assignment. And you bet your ass I'm gonna knit like hell to beat the pants off of team Hellmouth. Bam.

Okay, it's Friday afternoon and I'm leaving soon, so that's all I wanted to post. Look for future vampy knittings!

No comments:

Post a Comment