Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Nerd Wars Knitting Update

So I've decided (after much urging from my boyfriend) not to partake in T4 of Nerd Wars. I get pretty intense about it every time, so I understand why he wants me to lay off. I'm still competing as a Ninja Warrior, but I'm going to concentrate on making things to sell and things that I actually want to make. However, last year, after participating in two tournaments, I completed 49 projects over the course of the year. Not too shabby :)

Since I decided to knit what I want to knit, I ended up knitting a scarf and hat set that I didn't want to make for a co-worker who offered me monetary incentive. It turned out really pretty, but it was a super pain to make.



I did start one project that I'm pretty pleased with: this Semi-Precious Shawl. In that vein, my goal is is to complete 12 shawls in 2012. Not too difficult or time consuming I think. This is what it'll look like when it's finished (in another couple days), only in shades of blue:


I'll of course take requests for specific projects to sell, but this year's gonna be about queue and stash busting.

No comments:

Post a Comment