Friday, January 6, 2012

Computer Frustration

Many computer companies try to make things easier for their users, but actually end up making things epically complicated. My HP has this other operating system called Splashtop that boots before Windows. For the most part, it didn't bother me, but it adds several seconds to my boot time and I decided I wanted to try to turn it off. I googled it and all I could find was stuff about editing my BIOS, which makes me really nervous, so I decided to try to figure it out myself.

And I did. Cuz I'm awesome.

All it took was getting into Splashtop's general settings, resetting it back to factory defaults, which causes the computer to reboot, then when I click the button to start Windows, the option to turn Splashtop off popped up. Yup, I am a genius.  It's still there, but I don't have to look at it. And if I ever decide I want it back, it's still there for me to dredge up again.

Thank you and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment