Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pints & Purls

I've bought a lot of knitting books in the last couple months. One that I'm particularly fond of is Pints & Purls. I was meant to make a messenger bag for my sister for her birthday back in July, and the pattern and/or yarn wasn't working out, so I basically gave it up. Fortunately, she has persistantly pestered me about it, and a couple of happy consequences have come about. First, I found a pattern I liked in Pints & Purls. Then I decided, for about the first time EVER, that I'd actually use the yarn suggested by the pattern. So I bought five skeins of Cascade 220 in plum (Itallian, perhaps?) and re-started the whole project today. I'm about 6 inches in on the front panel, which isn't bad progress for a day at work :)

Coincidentally, everyone I work with keeps telling me how efficient and wonderful I am. I feel like the only thing I ever accomplish is getting a lot done on my bajillion WIPs. In fact, since I started this temp job, I've finished two items and started two more. I've been working here for four weeks. Hmmm...

As soon as this bag starts to look like a bag, I'll post pictures. I can't wait to felt it (another first!). That'll be fun to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment