Thursday, January 19, 2012

Semi-Precious Shawl

I finished my first shawl of 2012! Most of my previous shawls have been leafy, flowery, but this one is very geometric. Plus, I've been dying to use this 100% alpaca yarn I picked up from a Ravelry friend who discovered she was allergic. The yarn is gorgeous, and the pattern is even more so, if possible.  These pictures don't do it justice; I'll have to wait til it's done blocking to get decent photos. But here are my humble offerings:




I really enjoyed making this pattern. Knitty is so good about making patterns easy to understand. These charts are very straightforward and moved very quickly. I'd love to make this pattern again (once I get through all the other patterns I want to make!) with a lace- or fingering-weight yarn.

I've started working on shawl #2, this time in a gorgeous colorway of Malabrigo Lace. The pattern is Moonlight Sonata, and it's again a departure from my previous style shawls - this time I'm essentially making polka dots! It's pretty awesome. This is (theoretically) what it should look like at the end:


So far, I'm kind of obsessed with this pattern. It's repeated over only 12 rows, but it looks soooo awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment